Sandra Alfano, PharmD
- Research Scientist in Medicine (General Medicine) and Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing
- Senior Research Analyst, Conflict of Interest Committee
- PharmD, Duquesne University, 1980
- BS, University of Connecticut, 1978
- Alfano SL, Piedrahita LE, Uscinski KT, Palma GI. Strengthening capacity for human research protections: a joint initiative of Yale University, CIDEIM, and UniValle. IRB 2012, 34:16-20.
- Alfano SL: Ethical Principles Guiding Clinical Research; Chapter in Oncology Clinical Trials, Kelly WK and Halabi S, Editors, Demos Medical Publishing, New York, 2010
- Siegel MD, Alfano SL. The ethics of quality improvement research. Critical Care Medicine 2009, 37:791-2.
- Alfano SL: The Art of the Apothecary, Essay in The Yale Guide to Careers in Medicine and the Health Professions, Donaldson RM, Lundgren KS, and Spiro HM, Editors, Yale University Press, New Haven, 2003.
- Ethical Considerations in Clinical Research, Chapter in Principles of Research Design and Drug Literature Evaluation, Aparasu RR, and Bentley JP, Editors, Jones and Bartlett Learning, Massachusetts, 2014.
- Alfano SL: Community Based Participatory Research, Article in Bioethics, 4th Edition, Jennings B Editor in Chief, Macmillan Reference USA, Michigan, 2014.
- Ethical Issues in HIV/AIDS-related Research in China
Changsha, China (2016-2016)
A scholarly workshop
Central South University, Central South University
- Education and Training
Beijing, China (2013-2013)
Two day workshop to train Chinese research nurses in Fundamentals of Clinical Research Attended 4th Sino-American Symposium on Clinical and Translational Research and presented on Ethics of Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Ethics training and curriculum development program with China
Changsha, China (2011-2016)
Strengthen IRB capacity at international site for research review
Xiangya School of Medicine, Xiangya School of Medicine
- International Research Ethics Workshop in Cali, Colombia
Cali, Colombia (2010-2011)
Promoting and developing Human Research Protection Programs in International settings
- IRB Research Ethics Workshop
Beijing, China, Changsha, China (2010-2010)
Two educational symposia presented to students, researchers, and faculty exploring ethics of human subjects research
Beijing University, Beijing University, Xiangya School of Medicine, Xiangya School of Medicine
- Ethical Issues in International Health Research
Saint Petersburg, Russia (2008-2008)
Two educational presentations as part of the 17th International Conference on AIDS, Cancer and Public Health
St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg State University
Developing and implementing human research protections in international settings in Cali, Colombia and Changsha, China.
- Certified IRB Professional (CIP)
- Fellow, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (FASHP) In recognition of sustained practice excellence
- Hospital Pharmacist of the Year
- Connecticut Society of Health System Pharmacists(2001 - 2004)
- Connecticut Pharmacists Foundation(2005 - 2007)
- Connecticut Hospital Association IRB Chair Meeting Group(2010 - 2012)
- CT Hospital Association(2003 - 2004)
- Yale University School of Medicine(2005 - 2017)
- Yale University
- Connecticut Department of Public Health(2006 - 2008)
- Yale University