Muhammad Aziz, PhD
- Senior Lector I in Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations
- PhD, University of Michigan, 2004
- MA, University of Michigan, 1998
- MA, University of Michigan, 1997
- BA, San'a, Yemen, 1986
- "An Introduction to Arabic Calligraphy", The Middle East Institute Viewpoints, May 29, 2009. (Co-author with Mahdi Alosh)
- “Zuhd al-Rasûl” & “Zuhd al-Imam ‘Alî b. Abî Tâlib” yemeniamerican.com (Arabic), 2010.
- Entries in Encyclopedia of Islam (EI3), 2008-II (“Ibn Alwân” & “Abû l-Ghayth Ibn Jamîl”)
- “A Short Survey of Sufism in Yemen from Inception to the 13th C,” AJISS (2009)
- Religion and Mysticism in Early Islam: Theology and Sufism in Yemen; I.B. Tauris, 2011.
Arabic, French, Persian