Karen von Kunes, PhD
- Senior Lector I in Slavic Languages and Literatures
- PhD, McGill University, 1980
- BA, McGill University, 1974
- AB, Prague Institute of Modern Languages, 1968
- “Female Characters in Milan Kundera and Milos Forman’s Works.” Paper presented to the American Comparative Literature Association, Yale University, 2000.
- “Response to the Literature Papers.” Brown Slavic Contributions. Vol XI. 1999.
- Critical Essays on Milan Kundera. Ed. Peter Petro. New York: G.K. Hall & Co., 1999.
- Beyond the Imaginable: 240 Ways of Looking at Czech. Praha Publishers, 1999.
- Colloquial Czech in Dialogues, and Milan Kundera: In Search of Existential Possibility
Czech Republic (2008-Present)
Professor von Kunes works on a contemporary Czech language research project with a colleague from Charles University in Prague. She is also researching a contemporary French writer of Czech origin, Milan Kundera.
Charles University, Charles University
Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Ukrainian