James Whitman, PhD
- Ford Foundation Professor of Law
- JD, Yale School of Law, 1988
- PhD, University of Chicago, 1987
- MA, Columbia University, 1982
- BA, Yale University, 1980
- "The Opposition to Public Punishment in Germany: At the Christian sources." Grundlagen des Rechts. Festschrift fur Peter Landau. Eds. Helmholz, Mikat, Muller and Stolleis. Paderborn, 2000. 759-76.
- "From Fascist 'Honor' to European 'Dignity'?" Forthcoming in The Dark Legacy of European Law: Perceptions of Europe and Pespectives on a European Order in Legal Scholarship during the Era of Fascism and National Socialism. Eds. Joerges and Ghaleigh, 2002.
- Harsh Justice: America's Solitary Place in the Liberal West. Oxford UP, 2003.