Harvey Weiss, PhD
- Professor of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations and of Forestry and Environmental Studies
Director (1978 - ), Yale University Tell Leilan Project, Syria.
- PhD, University of Pennsylvania, 1976
- BA, City College, C.U.N.Y., 1966
- Weiss, H. 2014 "Altered Trajectories: The Intermediate Bronze Age," in A. Killebrew and M. Steiner, eds. Oxford Handbook of the Archaeology of the Levant. Oxford University Press.
- Weiss, Harvey, ed. 2012 Seven Generations since the Fall of Akkad. Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz.
- “Micro- and Macro-Contexts of the Tell Leilan Eastern Lower Town Palace Archives,” (co-authored 2008)
- “Holocene Climate and Cultural Evolution in Late Prehistoric-Early Historic West Asia,” Quaternary Research (co-authored 2006)
- “The Habur Region in the Late Third and Early Second Millennium BC” in The History and Archaeology of Syria (co-authored 2005).
- “Ninevite 5 Periods and Processes,” in E. Rova and H. Weiss, eds., eds., The Origins of North Mesopotamian Civilization (2003).
- Tell Leilan Project
Professor Weiss is Director of the Yale University Tell Leilan Project since 1978. This archaeological project focuses on the origins of Mesopotamian cities and states and empires, and their collapses, along with West Asian prehistoric and early historic civilizations in their natural setting. The project is conducted in cooperation with the Ministry of Culture, Directorate-General of Archaeology, Syrian Arab Republic. http://leilan.yale.edu/