Dorothy Baker, PhD
- Senior Research Scientist
Dr. Baker's research ranges from case studies in home care to investigator on several community-based randomized controlled clinical trials and dissemination efforts regarding the prevention of falls, delirium and functional decline. Research and demonstration projects have been funded by from groups ranging from the Mountain States Regional Medical Program to the National Institutes on Aging as well as private foundations. She participated in developing the first family nurse practitioner program at Montana State University, designed to reach clinical practices in underserved areas of the Mountain States. Most recently she helped Connecticut develop and pass fall prevention legislation. Dr. Baker currently serves as the Executive Director of the Connecticut Collaboration for Fall Prevention, based in Yale School of Medicine.
- PhD, Yale University, 1990
- MSN, Montana State University, 1969
- BSN, Montana State University, 1968
- American Journal of Nursing. 74(10), 1826-1829.
- American Journal of Nursing 84(10), 1248-1249
- New England Journal of Medicine 331(13), 821-827
- The Gerontologist 35(3), 360-369
- Gerontologist 41, 257-263
- Journal of the American Medical Association 287: 2098-2105.
- New England Journal of Medicine 347:1068-74.
- Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 84:394-404.
- J Am Geriatr Soc 53, 675-680
- .J Am Geriatr Soc. 54:1492-1499
- New England Journal of Medicine 359: 252-61.
- Gerontologist 53 (3): 508-515
- J Am Geriatric Soc. 61:1763–1767
- Hospital Elder Life Program
Vancouver, Canada (2010-Present)
Professors Baker and Inouye provide materials and mentorship to health systems seeking to replicate their research regarding the Hospital Elder Life Program which improves the hospital care of older adults.
Vancouver Island Health Authority, Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital, York Central Hospital, St. Boniface, Prince of Wales Hospital, Flinders Medical Centre , Vancouver Island Health Authority, Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital, York Central Hospital, St. Boniface, Prince of Wales Hospital, Flinders Medical Centre